Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A Road

        One long walk through twist and turns of dead ends, no wonder I can't get to where i'm going. It was there at the slumping of hills and the darkening of lights that I stood on walk ways. We stopped to wonder why we're here and not there.  Under the bridges trolls strolled in the shadows, they behold golden amulets and silver lightning rods. Low growls and disheartened looks take over lonely roads, they smell me in the air, alas but their poor sights hither them from accurately finding me in the thicket.  Night has lain unmoved in the shadows for some time now, i"m unsure if its afraid or waiting for the right moment to move. If its a strategy, I know of such things. If it is fear, I hope we feel the same feeling.
       I entered the the forest to enchant the colors of the trees and turn them to a autumn hue. My bags were heavy with magic and gems, colors and swords. I changed the world with my words and my sword. I am the most powerful when my words are few, like a bigger version of a dagger my words slice through. I am weary for, my actions are part of a bigger picture. I am on a quest from higher authority. I am sent by life to change the landscape that lays before me, but not to destroy.
       Before I came to be hiding behind bushes, deep in crevices and beneath towering trees, I only headed where I needed to be. Those along the way that needed help and assistance, I offered. As always pain and death follows my wake, they do not accompany me for there is a fear in their eyes. They called me the wise man that walks among the darkness. For I lay with the beasts and the heartless. I was not revered nor loved for the things I've done. There is the same fear, that sparks up in the souls of those who have seen what I am capable of. My days won't end, they will simply continue. Like the sun and moon that sets and rises again and again. I too exists to be a necessity in the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment