Thursday, February 7, 2013

A shard of glass: Reflections

I seemingly walked through darkened alleyways and rode on shady bus stops in the dead of night just wondering the town when it was most alive.
There i was, aimlessly and utterly without a care for the world, but in truth i cared for the future to show me a path not designated by the constituents of man.
I muttered under my breath wicked words, and cursed deities i didn't even believe in.
I went down the list of supposed gods and half lings, asking them one second for a better road to walk on then refuting them for an instantaneous result that couldn't and wouldn't ever appear.
Jeans to keep my legs warm and shield me from the penetrating winds of deadly stares from undignified strangers. My medium sized trench-coat that protects me from the wild and physical dangers of a deranged mind running wild and unleashed in the streets at night, under street lamps and post lights.
I venture for an answer of truth until the sun begins to rise over the horizon, leaving or deciding to end the night's conquest as morning worked magic against bellowed clouds. I stood unfazed as the sunrise awakens in me the dead-spot that lingers half past living beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment